Last change: April 25, 2020.
- The terms of service apply to the whole website no matter your location.
- For questions and requests, please e-mail to info(at)rob(dot)lgbt.
Who we are
ROB.lgbt is a Dutch independent website which is specifically aimed at gay, bisexual, transgender and queer documentaries, movies and series. Our website address is: https://rob.lgbt.
Warranties, copyright information and more
- You understand and agree that any use of our services is at your own risk and that you’ll be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
- We do not take any responsibility for the content of the sites we link to or embed.
- It’s not allowed to make unauthorized copies (including but not limited to private copies and commercial copies) of the content displayed, including but not limited to photos and videos. All the rights belong to the respective owners.
- Use of the content is only allowed after permission of ROB.lgbt.
- The site is distributed on an “as is” and “as available” basis. ROB.lgbt cannot warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free. There may be delays, omissions, and interruptions in the availability of the service (site).
- Where permitted by law, you acknowledge that the service (site) is provided without any warranties of any kind whatsoever, either express or implied, including but not limited to the use of services or the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the services (site) or that defects in any software, hardware or services (site) will be corrected.
- We cannot represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any comment, message, profile, statement or other information displayed, uploaded or distributed through the service (site) or any other service or any other person or entity. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such comment, message, profile, statement or (other) information shall be at your sole risk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
If you leave a rating of a film or article your IP-address will be saved to prevent abuse of our rating system. If you would like us to delete your IP-address (and rating), you can send an e-mail to info(at)rob(dot)lgbt.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Our contact information
This paragraph may be used in the future.